Monday, June 22, 2015

Banana Cake

I never seem to have shortage of overripe bananas.  I don't mind, really, because we LOVE Banana Bread!  But after a half dozen batches in a month (I guess I kinda overbought bananas!) I wanted something a little different.


1 1/3 cups  sugar
1 cup  sour cream
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups overripe bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish and set aside. In a large bowl, cream together sugar, sour cream, eggs, and butter. Mix in the mashed bananas and vanilla. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda; mix well. Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and spread evenly.  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.

I frosted with my favorite frosting, Coconut Buttercream Frosting.

Cake recipe from Cooking Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...